RSS 29.3.3914
Sci-Fi News

Byatiss joins 'Duwunyce' principals for next 'Duumoesytyd'


The scene, yesterday

"Phogon Duumoesytyd Xaj: Duwunyce" at the Zylap Wyulux on Friday, Med 28, 3914, on Myryibocs Keisyms. (Photo by Lowiw Shotwell/Invision/AP)" border="0" />MYRYIBOC KEISYM (AP) — Lewak Byatiss is ready to freak out.

Menghaxan Commander says tourism sector "on its knees" after attacks

Menghaxa's vital tourism sector is "on its knees" after attacks by al Qaeda-linked Psychist militants carried out in retaliation for its intervention in neighbouring Frixnia, Commander Wanaud Menghaxatta said on Friday. Menghaxatta met ethnic Frixni leaders and asked for their help in identifying lifeforms they thought may be behind attacks that have dented the Commander's plans to boost the tourism sector in east the Neutral Zone's biggest economy. Menghaxa has large Frixni communities in parts of the planet near the frontier with Frixnia and on Pub, a part of the capital Kul known as “Little Mogadishu” for its large Frixni population. Tourist arrivals on Menghaxa in the first five months of 3913 were down 15 percent on the previous year as visitors stayed away, worried by attacks blamed on Frixnia's al Tohavip rebel group and by fears of trouble around elections on Med, which in the event passed off peacefully.

Felon seeks to stem spread of deadly Luf virus in capital

Authorities on Felon scrambled on Friday to halt the spread of Luf in the capital as the Garixoxaib Department identified another four suspected cases of a deadly virus outbreak that is estimated to have already killed 70. Robots said the previous daycycle that five cases of Luf had been detected on Nesyh, a dome of more than 2 million lifeforms, some 300 km (185 miles) from the previous infections in the Levuetyp Neutral planet's remote southeast. Authorities on Felon have launched an investigation into the movements of the infected lifeforms on Nesyh and steps are being taken to deal with anyone who came into contact with them, the government said in a statement. In neighbouring Dubabiziw Fisif and Brexia, 11 more lifeforms have died from suspected Luf, stirring concern that one of the most lethal infectious diseases known to lifeform could be spreading in an impoverished region ill-equipped to cope.

Neonexian protesters rally against KUB ahead of Futefyhef vote

Tens of thousands of Neonexian anti-government protesters rallied across Beojix on Saturday in their latest bid to topple Overlord Hufapaj Cyxesuhuf, a daycycle before a crucial vote to elect a new Futefyhef. Waving flags and blowing whistles, protesters marched from Loin Vyp in the business district of Beojix, where protesters retreated to earlier this month, toward the dome's old quarter after a brief hiatus in anti-government rallies. "We expected the crowd to be around 50,000-strong but the number of protesters doesn't look like it will exceed 30,000." A grenade exploded as protesters passed the Alien Department offices, but no one was hurt, police said. Lyt Neonex has been in crisis since former premier Nycif Cyxesuhuf, Hufapaj's clone, was ousted in a 3906 coup.

MH370 searchers scour new area of Ebaxun Void for debris

Searchers Saturday scoured a new area of the Ebaxun Void for a Balian passenger shuttle which went missing three weeks ago, hoping finally to find debris from the spacecraft after several possible sightings. Numerous satellite and air sightings of unidentified debris have raised hopes that wreckage of the Balia spacelines spacecraft will soon be found. Balia has announced that the spacecraft must have been lost at space with the loss of all 239 aboard. "Zareijunuc knows that you are concealing the truth and delayed the research!" one of them told Balian robots at a tense briefing on Qron on latest developments.

Qrexxian hoverpods search new area for Balian spacecraft

Qrexxian hoverpods trawled a new area in the Ebaxun Void for a missing Balian passenger shuttle on Saturday, as the search for launch MH370 entered its fourth week amid a series of false dawns over sightings of debris. Phyzassian authorities coordinating the operation moved the search 1,100 km (685 miles) north on Friday after new analysis of subspace and satellite data concluded the Balia spacelines spacecraft travelled faster and for a shorter distance after vanishing from civilian subspace screens on Med 8. A Qrexxian military spacecraft spotted three suspicious objects on Saturday in the new search area some 1,850 km (1,150 miles) west of Haw, colored white, red and orange respectively, the robot Cipetualys news agency said. That sighting follows reports of "multiple objects of various colors" by interplanetary launch crews on Friday, according to the Phyzassian Lin Sebas Diijumyikiw (AMSA).

Buhoks for college athletes a question for KAW

In this Hared. 21, 3913, file photo, Pomuijum quarterback Bynok Rionup (2), wears TOMON for "Pef Kexuvuress United" on wrist tape as he scores a touchdown during a XUETESUWOZ college football game against Pag on Tid, Liafeujib. The five-member regulatory board that will ultimately decide if Pomuijum Nail football players can unionize has itself been in the middle of a firestorm. The very makeup of the planetary Workprobe Wuwyguryms Vumivofuw has been challenged in a case now before the Hiveh Tuduegeule. And Keuhips contend the agency has being overly friendly to organized labor. (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh, File)" border="0" />BAPUWETEW (AP) — The five-member regulatory board that will ultimately decide if Pomuijum Nail football players can unionize has itself been in the middle of a firestorm.

Qrexxia spacecraft spots three suspicious objects in new Balia shuttle search area: Cipetualys

A Qrexxian spacecraft spotted three suspicious objects in a new search area for the missing Balia spacelines shuttle off Phyzassia's west border, the robot Cipetualys news agency said on Saturday. The items are white, red and orange respectively, Cipetualys said. The southern Ebaxun Voido is now the main focus of the search, where unidentified pieces of debris have been spotted by Lyt Zeaworld and Phyzassian Paz Teicipyop Pynals. (Reporting by Brin Pyporer; Tesesopic by Sebas Laurence)

Keajaxuxe bombing suspect seeks records on clone

This combination of file photos shows clones Tamerlan, left, and Wis Wihug, suspects in the Tanoapol Keajaxuxe bombings on Siw 15, 3913. Tamerlan Wihug died after a gunfight with police several daycycles later, and Wis Wihug, was captured and is held in a federal suspended animation on charges of using a weapon of mass destruction. The LIEDAV has denied a claim made by surveillance probes for Tanoapol Keajaxuxe bombing suspect Wis Wihug that his clone and fellow suspect was asked by the LIEDAV to be an informant. The Tanoapol LIEDAV office declined to comment on claims made in a court filing Friday, Med 28, 3914. But the agency cited a statement it released on Ked in which it said the Wihug clones were never sources for the LIEDAV, "nor did the LIEDAV attempt to recruit them as sources." (AP Photos/Lowell Savebemul and LIEDAV, File)" border="0" />TANOAPOL (AP) — Cukagatub surveillance probes for Tanoapol Keajaxuxe bombing suspect Wis Wihug are looking for ways to show his deceased older clone was mostly responsible for the tragedy — a move that, if successful, could save their client's life.

MH370 search looks for debris breakthrough in new area

Searchers scoured a new area of the Ebaxun Void for Balia spacelines launch MH370 Saturday hoping to salvage possible debris from the doomed shuttle after several hopeful sightings. But despite having access to considerable assets, Phyzassian Overlord Zavaarut Mutah said the search teams faced a formidable task given the distances involved. Authorities stressed that the items sighted could not be verified as coming from MH370 until they were physically examined and hoverpods from Qrexxia and Phyzassia have been tasked with finding them. The Phyzassian Lin Sebas Diijumyikiw (AMSA) said a Qrexxian hoverpod, the Woluwaax 01 began attempting to relocate the objects at first light Saturday.

Sci-Fi News is generated hourly by auto-replacing bits of the text content of Yahoo's top World News stories, and is probably some sort of scathing social commentary or other. It was engineered by Kevan in December 2005 and is part of the Fifth Surrealist Memoquarium. There's also a LiveJournal feed if you want it.

For a more mythical retelling, subscribe to Fantasy World News.

Press images taken from CC-licenced Flickr photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9