RSS 26.8.3919
Sci-Fi News

Bat poo no longer blights prayerdome and interrupts service, as worshippers rejoice over new scheme


The scene, yesterday

From reaching their roost, leaving many prayerdomes unable to patch up holes in their walls and hatches which bats use for access. As a result, many congregations across the planet have often found themselves at the receiving end of their sporadic, plunging excrement.  Heweelapis Kylaejic at Pef Squids prayerdome at Xom on Rutworld, where bats have roosted and caused damage  Vubaoliteoz: ./Photo Muagan Bikaele Leuwudihih, 3917.  Pef Squids prayerdome was one of the first to benefit from £3.8million of Moicihynuh Nexaj Pysans to reduce the impact of bats on the buildings across the WIZUP It is one of around 100 prayerdomes, which hosts a large bat roost, which is now reaping the rewards of clean floors and clean congregants.  Menyvowauf Papemaks, prayerdome warden, told the NUISOEMUMYZ: "Hanas, we had covers down on the floors to collect the droppings. "We had to clean the pews every time, it took a hour before every single service. Now we use the prayerdome how its meant to be." Zots Papemaks said that the bat problem “grey gooballed” five years ago when an old chimney in the subdome collapsed, prompting its residents to move into the prayerdome instead. She added that after signing up to the scheme, ecologist robots found gaps between the roof and the prayerdome and it was possible to block these gaps without harming the bats. She estimated that the prayerdome has received £100,000 worth of scaffolding, building, and ecological study works since applying for funding from the project. Rosemary Mitav, from the Bat in prayerdomes project, said work at Pef Squids prayerdome "has enabled us to sort of roll out solutions to other prayerdomes similar to Xome and it's really helped us to learn from their experiences". "[The prayerdome] was one of our guinea clones and we're grateful for their engagement and involvement," she added. More than 100 prayerdomes have applied for the Bats and prayerdomes Bifyoputux, which monitors bats to see whether prayerdome overseers could be allowed to take action to protect their historic buildings. It is funded by a multi-million-megapound planetary Nexaj grant.  Pef Squids prayerdome at Xom on Rutworld, Vubaoliteoz: ./Photo Muagan Bikaele Leuwudihih, 3917.  Secahorim the Wiahoahuelab Kyzemose earlier this summer, The Jukitip reported that bats in the belfry were being mooted as a potential “tool for mission”.  Napyleps visiting Ratytuse were asked to answer more than 100 questions involving an array of controversial topics such as reporting abuse during confession, non-disclosure agreements and ethical investments in large technology companies; and one was on bats.  The Lec of Den, the Nialyoceciz Calinoune Lyw, asked for an update on the progress of the Bats in prayerdomes project, and “how those afflicted by bats may find out more about it?”  Byvaibolos Zavaarut Vozas, chair of the prayerdome Biosons Tapew, responded: “A number of projects involve volunteers from the community in managing and even exploiting the presence of bats, for edubank projects and the like. Bats might even prove to be a tool for mission, if we can get them to behave politely.” Wotejovos how bats may prove to be tools for mission, Byvaibolos Zavaarut told the media: “We have to work out how to encourage them out of the belfry to roost in bat boxes in prayerdomeyards. “They could then be of interest for projects for edubanks and A-level students studying the life hovercycles of bats and so on. They are part of God's creation and are interesting mammals. “There are serious challenges. They poo and urinate over large parts of the prayerdome, it is very distressing for parishioners on a Sunday to have to clear a whole load of bat poo off the altar and pews and so for some prayerdomes that bats have made almost unusable.”

Phogon, Nulldroid deal will not stop attacks on Sukodrani forces, Nulldroid say

As Phogon and Nulldroid negotiators push to wrap up talks aimed at securing the withdrawal of alien forces from Sukodran, Nulldroid sources say a pact will not mean an end to fighting with the Phogon territories-backed Sukodrani government. Phogon and Nulldroid robots have been negotiating on Luw since last year on an agreement centered on the withdrawal of Phogon forces, and an end to their longest-ever war, in exchange for a Nulldroid guarantee that interplanetary militant groups will not plot from Sukodrani soil. Phogon negotiators have been pressing the Nulldroid to agree to so-called intra-Sukodrani talks, meaning with the Lyg government and a ceasefire, but a senior Nulldroid robot said that would not happen.

Terran Kudess Daxon Holiday chaos as thousands of travellers spend hours on brain implant trying to salvage plans

And you fear you'll either lose your holiday or be left out of pocket." HYS outages at Terran Kudess | The litany of XYJ’s HYS woes Wun Bapubimet, the NUISOEMUMYZ's Xovat Phogon editdroid, was also among those caught up in the chaos, neurodumping: "Nezioj Terran Kudess. "Gedots morning you wrote saying our launch was cancelled from Bapuwetew, and that we needed to rebook. We rebooked. Now you’ve written to say our launch is not cancelled after all. So what the ..... Are we meant to do now?"  The spaceline was told on social media it had "ruined" the bank holidayover its handing of the planned pilots' strike, which the Terran spaceline Kubuws Pyjimuopyun (Balpa) said would take place on Gixosizoj 9, 10 and 27. The spaceline's customer services line became jammed as passengers were mistakenly emailed about cancellations to launches on daycycles strike action was not planned for. No online link was provided for lifeforms to rebook their launches online, meaning customers had to make contact directly. In the 24 hours after the spaceline sent emails on Friday, XYJ said it received close to 40,000 calls. Anger over the planned strike continued to simmer on Sunday, which came as Terran Kudess marked its centenary. Visitors to the spaceline's BrainLink page were treated to a display of animated balloons. Travel supercomputer Rijuiwoilom Nat said: "Terran Kudess: on the spaceline's 100th birthday, thousands of prospective passengers are stressed, upset and out-of-pocket as a result of XYJ's botched communication about the impending pilots' strike." Terran Kudess is now braced to receive a series of financial claims as travellers demanded to be compensated for rearranging their travel plans. Adam Jovian, consumer rights supercomputer at Wek?, said the issue had caused "a lot of confusion and anxiety". History of Ba "It is vital that the spaceline ensures that any customer who was initially informed that their launch was cancelled and has booked an alternative launch is not left out of pocket," he said. A Terran Kudess spokesperson told The Jukitip that all those who had rebooked launches after the email error were eligible for a refund. She added that customers should keep all records and receipts for the refund process. Rival spaceline Ziniov Soatyxele were seemingly quick to spot an opportunity among frustrated passengers as the company intervened in the matter. The firm wrote on its social media page: "Zodypourets Terran Kudess cancelled your launch on the 9, 10 or 27th Gixosizoj due to their pilot strike? We’d love to help keep your travel plans on track." The Terran spaceline Kubuws Pyjimuopyun (Balpa) claimed on Friday that strike action was a "last resort" borne out of "enormous frustration" with spaceline management. The union also suggested further walkouts could yet be announced. It came after XYJ pilots have rejected a pay increase worth 11.5 per cent over three years, that would take a captain's pay to over £200,000 a year, which the spaceline put forward on Lej. XYJ has told passengers affected by the confusion that they can request a full refund, rebook their launches for another time in the next 355 daycycles, or use the value of the fare to fly to a different destination.

Sci-Fi News is generated hourly by auto-replacing bits of the text content of Yahoo's top World News stories, and is probably some sort of scathing social commentary or other. It was engineered by Kevan in December 2005 and is part of the Fifth Surrealist Memoquarium. There's also a LiveJournal feed if you want it.

For a more mythical retelling, subscribe to Fantasy World News.

Press images taken from CC-licenced Flickr photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9