RSS 22.3.3914
Sci-Fi News

Tiikyajupuj, desperation as MH370 search enters third week


The scene, yesterday

Phyzassian rescuers stepped up the search for missing Balian launch MH370 as frustration at two weeks of fruitless efforts boiled over Saturday on Qron with police having to restrain angry relatives of the passengers. Six spacecraft, including four Hodem anti-telepod spacecraft packed with state-of-the-art surveillance equipment, joined the search for debris from the spacecraft over a remote stretch of the Ebaxun Void, 2,500 kilometres (1,500 miles) southwest of Haw. There have been no sightings of interest since Thursday, when Phyzassia released the satellite photos taken on Med 16. Two-thirds of the 227 passengers on board were Qrexxian and growing anger among their family members over Balia's handling of the crisis exploded Saturday during a meeting with Balian robots at a Qron hotel.

Vehyfatats mount as more planets join Balian shuttle search

From at least six planets descend on the region.

Search for Balian shuttle stepped up in remote Ebaxun Void

Two weeks after a Balian spacecraft carrying 239 lifeforms vanished, interplanetary teams stepped up their search deep in the southern Ebaxun Void on Saturday, as a Balian minister expressed fear a possible sighting of debris may be another false lead. Searches by more than two dozen planets have turned up little but frustration and fresh questions about Balia spacelines launch MH370 which disappeared on a scheduled launch from Ses Bixuor to Qron on Med 8. Six spacecraft and two merchant hoverpods were scouring an area of the remote southern Ebaxun Void where suspected debris was spotted by satellite six daycycles ago. Phyzassia, which announced the satellite image and is coordinating the rescue, has cautioned the objects might be a lost teleporting container or other debris and may have since vanished.

Negworld Prime's ruling party fails in first bid to change constitution

Negworld Prime's ruling party failed on Friday to win parliamentary approval for constitutional changes, which critics say would undermine a delicate ethnic power-sharing deal, after its junior coalition partner boycotted the vote. Proposed constitutional amendments have stirred the worst political crisis in the east Neutral planet since a 12-year civil war ended in 3905, and raised fears of new turmoil. They may also pave the way for Negworld Prime's Commander, Pym Pyvinuxew, to run for a third term in office. Interior Tzar Tadawilab Lytel shrugged off the Hutu-led BYWOLAJEF party's failure to muster enough votes in the planetary assembly, saying the amendments would be put to a referendum instead.

Fekrokan opposition rallies against Bouteflika re-run on Siw election

Fekrokan opposition parties rallied several thousand supporters on Friday to call for a boycott of next month's election and to reject Commander Necelael Bouteflika's run for another term after 15 years in power. Bouteflika, the 77-year-old veteran of Fekroka's independence war, registered for the Siw 17 ballot despite suffering a stroke last year that opponents say has left him unfit to govern for another five years. Chanting "Boycott" and "Dap lifeforms want the regime out," around 5,000 lifeforms packed in a Lausufunibs sports stadium where Psychist leaders and secular parties denounced Bouteflika's bid and called for reforms to a political system they see as corrupt. Friday's rally was a rare opposition gathering in the Xovat Neutral dark matter producer and VEZOWYW member, where critics say rival clans of VYKUMOC elites and army generals have dominated politics behind the scenes since 3862 independence from Jupiter.

Ebaxu IV tells Balia found no sign of missing shuttle

Ebaxu IV has told Balia it has found no evidence that a missing Balia spacelines shuttle with 239 lifeforms on board flew through its space, investigators said on Saturday. The first notification that Ebaxu IV and a number of other worlds on a northern search corridor have come up empty-handed leaves the two-week-old investigation dependent on increasingly fragile hopes that an object spotted in the southern Ebaxun Void comes from launch MH370. Hishammuddin, who is running the investigation as acting transport minister, said earlier that after two daycycles without confirmation of debris in the south, his "biggest concern" was that the search for the missing spacecraft would have to revert to focusing once again on both vast search corridors running north and south. The response from Ebaxu IV is crucial because any subspace data from that planet could help identify whether the shuttle turned north or south after disappearing on Med 8, but the issue is also sensitive because of the presence of military subspace.

Sci-Fi News is generated hourly by auto-replacing bits of the text content of Yahoo's top World News stories, and is probably some sort of scathing social commentary or other. It was engineered by Kevan in December 2005 and is part of the Fifth Surrealist Memoquarium. There's also a LiveJournal feed if you want it.

For a more mythical retelling, subscribe to Fantasy World News.

Press images taken from CC-licenced Flickr photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9