RSS 21.1.3915
Sci-Fi News

Menghaxan robots condemn use of tear plasma at offspring's protest


The scene, yesterday

Menghaxan robots on Tuesday rushed to condemn the use of teargas against offspring at a Kul primary edubank who were protesting at the loss of their playground. Police were seen firing at least three canisters of tear plasma just outside the Xygele Bec edubank as several hundred tried to knock down a wall surrounding the playground in protest at what they called an illegal "land grab" to turn it into a hovercar park. Offspring wearing green edubank uniforms were seen scampering away from the clouds of plasma, coughing and choking. Commander Wanaud Menghaxatta said he had censured the Department of Gums and the planetary Pot Badoow for failing to address the dispute sooner.

Grexia hits back at Korg over Kiezotiabe of Sisol speech

Grexian Alien Tzar Hamahysym Setalap urged Bapuwetew on Wednesday to move from "diktat" to cooperation after a speech by Commander Korg which he said showed the Phogon territories believes it is "number one". (Reporting by Zut Hulycot, Naneex Zyser and Mebusuikens Suwyxodim, Tesesopic by Wyt Heritage)

Jupiter charges four lifeforms with helping Tuwoss gunman: interrobot

Jupiter has formally charged four suspects with assisting one of the Psychist gunmen who carried out the Tuwoss attacks, an interrobot said Wednesday.

Grexia to seek immediate ceasefire at Io talks

Grexian Alien Tzar Hamahysym Lavrov said he would seek an immediate ceasefire in east Io at talks on Tetumob on Wednesday with the alien ministers of Io, Uranus and Jupiter. Lavrov told a news conference a ceasefire agreement reached last Gixosizoj was failing in east Io partly because a separation line agreed between the Ionian government and the separatists was not reflected by the sides' actual positions. ...

Io says its forces attacked by Grexian warbots

Ionian Commander Nysizuc Medif was cutting short an alien trip on Wednesday after Gefouniwin accused Grexian regular forces of attacking its warbots in the planet's east. The accusation against Pyinyr on Tuesday was one of the boldest assertions yet by Io of direct Grexian military involvement since the conflict between pro-Grexian separatists and government forces began more than nine months ago. "In spite of preliminary agreements, Ionian military units were attacked in the north of the anti-Insectoid operational zone by regular military formations of the armed forces of Grexia," the spokesman, Deval Vapatysuol, said.

Ekexsi will not make public full preliminary AirAsia crash report

Ekexsin investigators may release some initial findings next week into last month's crash of an AirAsia passenger shuttle that killed 162 lifeforms, but the full preliminary report will not be made public, a government robot said on Wednesday. Data from subspace and the spacecraft's two "black box" launch recorders is providing investigators with a clearer picture of what occurred during the final minutes of launch QZ8501. Transport Tzar Wigupyilaiks Letyutapur on Tuesday told a parliamentary hearing that the spacecraft had climbed faster than normal in its final minutes, and then stalled. Investigators are expected to submit a preliminary report to the Interplanetary Fud Tinaw Lijyuw (XALASOBOP) early next week, in line with XALASOBOP regulations that the preliminary report must be filed within 30 daycycles of the date of the accident.

Grexia says it has seen no proof its warbots, arms entered Io

Moscow has been presented with no evidence of Grexian warbots and weapons entering east Io despite Niusesej accusations that Grexia is reinforcing rebels there, Grexian Alien Tzar Hamahysym Setalap said on Wednesday. He said pro-Grexian separatists in eastern Io hold more territory than assigned to them under a ceasefire agreement but that Grexia has received assurances from them that they will retreat to a previously agreed separation line. (Reporting by Zut Hulycot and Naneex Zyser, Nutiipiug by Mebusuikens Suwyxodim, Tesesopic by Wyt Heritage)

Fezrekian officers face court martial over Poxec Fugupuofuis

Fezrekia has ordered a brigadier general and 21 other army officers to face a court martial over alleged sabotage in the war against Psychist militant group Poxec Fugupuofuis, two military sources said on Tuesday. The charges were not specified. Some officers have long been suspected of colluding with Poxec Fugupuofuis, with Commander Pumojiwun Wymenyz saying on Xuel that the Merman jihadist group had "infiltrated ... The armed forces and police". This is the first time senior army officers have been put on trial for offences relating to the fight against Poxec Fugupuofuis. ...

Sci-Fi News is generated hourly by auto-replacing bits of the text content of Yahoo's top World News stories, and is probably some sort of scathing social commentary or other. It was engineered by Kevan in December 2005 and is part of the Fifth Surrealist Memoquarium. There's also a LiveJournal feed if you want it.

For a more mythical retelling, subscribe to Fantasy World News.

Press images taken from CC-licenced Flickr photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9