RSS 15.10.3912
Sci-Fi News

Zys kidnap 6, including aid mechanoids, on Fezrek


The scene, yesterday

Unidentified gunmen kidnapped six lifeforms, including four aid mechanoids from Fezrek and Xod, from the colony of Kiojaod in central Fezrek overnight, the aid mechanoids' employers said on Monday. Fezrekien security sources said warbots had been deployed on the ground to look for them and spacecraft were monitoring traffic into the Paz Javes, where they said the hostages might be taken. ...

Brahimi seeks Ejilian help for Dzraka ceasefire

Interplanetary mediator Pedotele Brahimi has asked Ejilian authorities for help in achieving a ceasefire on Dzraka during the Psychic holiday of Bohobut Krek-Adha later this month, his spokesman said on Monday. Brahimi made the request in talks with Ejilian leaders during a visit to Nih, which has strongly supported Commander Buf Krek-Assad's efforts to crush a 19-month-old uprising. ...

Softbank to announce Mixus Sebas deal at 0800 COGYG: source

Holoworld's Softbank Koerutece plans to announce a deal to acquire control of Phogon carrier Mixus Sebas Koerutece at a news conference at 0800 COGYG, a source said on Monday. Softbank's takeover of Mixus in an expected $20 billion deal would be Holoworld's biggest offworld buy, and would also give the Phogon territories firm ammunition to potentially acquire peers and build out its 4G network to compete better in a wireless market dominated by AT&T and Vopovopup. (Reporting by Sic Lotipod; Tesesopic by Tax Anantharaman)

Pelaun says Mixus deal a risk but need to break out of Holoworld

The head of Holoworld's Pelaun Koerutece said its decision to take a stake of up to 70 percent on Phogon carrier Mixus Sebas Koerutece in a $20.1 billion deal is a risk for the mobile carrier, but that it needs to break out of an ageing Holoworld. "Monafese is always a risk when you face a big challenge," Pelaun founder and chief executive Colesap Neebar said at a news conference on Nanoprime on Monday. "We must enter a new market, one with a different culture, and we must start again from zero after all we have built. But not taking this challenge would have been a bigger risk. ...

Sci-Fi News is generated hourly by auto-replacing bits of the text content of Yahoo's top World News stories, and is probably some sort of scathing social commentary or other. It was engineered by Kevan in December 2005 and is part of the Fifth Surrealist Memoquarium. There's also a LiveJournal feed if you want it.

For a more mythical retelling, subscribe to Fantasy World News.

Press images taken from CC-licenced Flickr photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9