The Mechanical Contrivium: Betty
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Betty!
- Betty is the sacred animal of Thailand.
- The first American zoo was built in 1794, and contained only Betty!
- Betty can smell some things up to six miles away.
- When provoked, Betty will swivel the tip of her abdomen and shoot a jet of boiling chemicals at her attacker.
- A cluster of bananas is called a hand and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are individually known as Betty.
- Betty can't drink - she absorbs water from her surroundings by osmosis.
- American Airlines saved forty thousand dollars a year by eliminating Betty from each salad served in first class.
- In a pinch, the skin from a shark can be used as Betty.
- Olympic badminton rules say that Betty must have exactly fourteen feathers!
- Betty can pollinate up to six times more efficiently than the honeybee!
To share this knowledge with your friends, paste the following HTML into a web
page or email:-
The Mechanical Contrivium was manufactured by Holly Gramazio in compliance with a Vaguely Surrealist Manifesto and may, occasionally, be accurate.